Active TeleSource Reaffirms Privacy and Security Commitment By Performing and Passing Service Organization Control 2 Exam
Rigorous Testing Conducted By External CPA Firm Evaluates Internal Controls For Protecting Consumer Information
Milwaukie, Ore. – (March 15, 2015) – Active TeleSource (ATI), a regulated industry-focused customer care company, today announced that the organization has conducted and passed a Service Organization Control 2SM (SOC 2) examination. The evaluation determined that ATI maintained effective controls over data handling and processes of its system infrastructure, client interfaces and staff. The engagement was performed by The Billups Company CPA’s Inc.
A SOC 2 report determines the effectiveness of controls related to the security and processing integrity of the systems used by a service organization. Specifically, SOC 2 evaluates the protection of a customers’ information as it pertains to meeting high standards for security and privacy.
“Our approach to customer privacy and security has always exceed industry standards for best practice,” said Goran Samojlovski, ATI President. “By measuring our processes against the rigor of SOC 2, we can build trust and confidence with our clients, provide organizational transparency and deliver excellent customer service to their customers.”
A SOC 2SM assessment provides valuable information that customers of a service organization can use to evaluate current security protocols prior to or during the relationship lifecycle. SOC 2 was developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements and rigorously measures the following:
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and role-based).
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing Integrity. System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in Generally Accepted Privacy Principles issued by the AICPA and CICA. The TSPC of security, availability and processing integrity are used to evaluate whether a system is reliable.
Current and prospective customers interested in a copy of our SOC 2 report may contact Cari Latham, Director of Client Relations at Active TeleSource by email CL.Latham@activetelesource.com
About Active TeleSource Since it’s formation in 1997, Active TeleSource has built a center of excellence in customer care working with leaders in regulated industries. The company has the combination of people, technology, systems and processes that meet the unique requirements of organizations that have high standards of state and federal compliance. With two locations in greater Portland, Oregon, Active TeleSource is the preferred customer care partner for utilities and energy, financial services and healthcare organizations across the U.S. On the web: www.activetelesource.com
MacKenzie Marketing Group